Nothing works on heat pump unit

Old 06-03-07, 05:34 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Nothing works on heat pump unit

This weekend I tried replacing my old manual thermostat with a new "digital unit". When the hook-up was complete I turned on the auto switch and the inside blower fan unit came on for about 30 seconds then quit completely. Never could get it to come back on so I removed the new thermostat and put the old one back on and still nothing from the inside blower fan in either mode....cool, heat, em/aux heat, auto or on. It's almost like the unit isn't receiving any power. Circuit breakers are not tripped and I replaced the 30 amp fuses at the unit outside the house. I looked inside the the blower unit inside the house and didn't see any fuses or "reset buttons"...not to say there isn't any but I couldn't see any.

Is there any reset buttons on the inside or outside unit?.. Or any suggestions as to what might be wrong ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-03-07, 08:35 PM
S
Just guessing based on info you gave, but sounds like you might have a blown low voltage fuse on the circuit board(if you have one) at the indoor unit or a bad transformer. You really haven't given enough info ie.. make and model of system, do you have 24vts. at thermostat, etc..

Old 06-12-07, 03:45 PM
N
sgthvac was right on the money

it was the transformer, thanks !!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: