Heat pump kicks on...but it really doesnt

Old 06-14-07, 07:47 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Heat pump kicks on...but it really doesnt

Okay, so I have no idea what Im doing! Sometimes my unit works just fine, but sometimes, it makes the noise like it is going to "kick" on but then nothing happens. Other times it comes on just fine, but, I think it is coming on to often. The thermostat is set to 74, and sometimes it comes on at 74 and sometimes it doesnt come on until it reads 80, is it a thermostat problem or somthing more serious? My last 2 power bills have actually been lower than normal, so I dont think that there is a power issue, I just dont know where to start!! Someone, anyone help!!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-07, 10:51 PM
Wink

Id say get the paper work for the tstat and check it all out as to how you have it set. also is there batteries in the tstat??? are they good???

Old 06-15-07, 06:03 AM
J
paperwork....

there isnt any paperwork for it, it had been working just fine then, without any changes made to it it started acting up. My husband seems to think that there may be a problem with the relay, but I havnt seen anyother posts about relay problems. As for batteries, maybe Im crazy but I took off the tstat and didnt see any batteries! I live in a 03' doublewide, is there any differences in mobil home systems?!