Lennox Heat Pump making noise and not working?

Old 06-19-07, 08:21 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lennox Heat Pump making noise and not working?

I have a Lennox 12hpb42-49 heat pump. My ac was not turning on and the thermostat was blinking. The outside heat pump is making an electrical hum/grind coming from the motor. When it is doing this the defrost board is blinking normally. If I turn it off for a minute and turn it back on it will kick on, but if i turn it off and then on again it will not kick on. I "assume" the motor is bad? And will not turn on when it is hot? Any thoughts?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-07, 06:03 PM
Wink

If I turn it off for a minute and turn it back on it will kick on, but if i turn it off and then on again it will not kick on.
Sounds like you have a time delay in it there.

The noise is it the compressor trying to start??? Does the outside fan turn free

Old 06-20-07, 06:20 AM
M
The fan turns freely. It did not sound like it is coming from the compressor. It is no longer making the hum grinding from the motor... I did a voltage test from the capacitor. When I can get it running the motor is at 365v. When it is having problems it is at 0v. That leads me to belive it is the capcator or somthing befor the capacitor that is causeing the problem?