avg cost of trane 2ton heat pump , air handler plus thermostat

Old 07-19-07, 01:46 PM
Z
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
avg cost of trane 2ton heat pump , air handler plus thermostat

hey guys im just looking to get a ballpark figure on the least exspensive trane model to the most exspensive in the 2.5 ton range including installation!

I currently have a 21 yr old carrier heat pump and thier version of an air handler!

thanks
zim

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-07, 02:08 PM
Wink

When you cant see the job or a print. Dont know where it is and how to get to the units . Is the power supply right. there is no way to say the cost of a job. You best bet is for sure get 3 bids for the same job.
Also how long will you stay in the home more than 10 years go for the good stuff for sure. Now you said heatpump. So even if you dont run the AC much you want a high SEER on the unit . Thats so you also get a high HSPF for the heat pump. Id look at a Trane XL16i or the XL19i and for sure a V/S blower. You should also get the 10 year warranty with the whole job.
You can get a tax credit from the IRS for a unit over 15 seer.

Old 07-19-07, 02:26 PM
Z
thanks ed,
im in a townhome and its most likely a 5 yr or less stay!

Is the build quality the main difference or do these more exspensive units also perform better?

my heat pump is easy access in the backyard and the air handler is easy access in the basement with no obstruction in any direction!

zim

Old 07-19-07, 04:49 PM
Wink

The higher SEER and HSPF do pay you back in the long run. 5 years it could pay you back . You just have to look at the pay back. If not then Id say go for a XL15i. You can get the tax credit and some pay back. Also a 10 year warranty on it. As I said cost are not the same all over. Here a 2.5 ton H/P on your pad ,wire , duct and V/S blower with a seer 15 ---- $6K to $7k out of the box Still have to see the job.

Old 07-23-07, 08:09 AM
C
My thought would be get a good 13 or 14 SEER unit.
XR13 or XR14 are Trane,s Base Units since you will only be there 5 yrs or less.
You may consider these systems.

If you would be there 5-10yrs or longer
I would recommend the XLi series like Ed said
My favorite Trane model is the XL16i it has the new 410A refrigerant so make sure the company flushes your line sets with proper flushing products since probably they won't be able to replace them do to the construction

The thing to look at is your air handler closet, this is what really is going to dictate what trane system you go with.