Potential Heat Pump Problem?

Old 08-06-07, 08:41 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Potential Heat Pump Problem?

It has been quite hot recently, and Im worried my old, old heat pump is having some trouble.

i just moved into this house, and I had the heat pump "inspected" by a general home inspection, and the guy said it was operation at the time, but based on its age, probably not much longer.

The heat pump works ok, but when I came home yesterday, the air it was putting out was not cold at all. It felt like it was just circulating the interior air through the vents.

I turned it off for about a day, and when I turned it back on, it was cold again. Any ideas why it might do this?

Old 08-06-07, 10:39 AM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It's hard to tell. Home inspectors normally don't know much except whether it comes on or not. If this happens again check the outdoor section and see if the compressor and fan is running and also check the inside and see if there is any frost on the fat insulated line and make sure the indoor blower is operating.

Have you changed the filter lately ?

Old 08-07-07, 07:43 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

When its running you might check the lines by the condenser outside. Big copper line cold and wet small copper line warm to hot. How old is old . Most of the time 15 years is about the end. Also think a new one will give you a higher SEER and on the pump a higher HSPF. That will save you $$$.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: