Huge temperature difference

Old 10-19-07, 12:22 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Huge temperature difference

Hi,
Im not a professional at this and I barely know some of these technical terms so please bare with me.

We have a major temperature diff in our master bedroom compared with the rest of the house. The Masterbed room is over our 2car garage. During winters the room gets very cold even though the heater is on which I usually set it to 80F and I cant go beyond that as it heats up the other rooms tremendously.

Its been 6years since we moved into this house. Initially we thought its because of the garage. That definetly is one reason and I want to do something about it to fix the problem. I want to know what I can do about that to make it better.

The other reason I think is - it is a fairly large room and has only 2 vents to the left most side of the room. This left most area in the room can only be used for seating and as a passage to the bathroom and a walkin closet. The sleeping area and the thermostat are on the right most side of the room which doesnt get much heat and always is very cold. Is it possible to extend the duct work to the right side of the room and have couple of vents on that side. If yes, then what type of contractors should I be looking for?

Thanks

Old 10-19-07, 05:42 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Have you checked and see if the floor over that garage has insulation in it????. Check with any heat and cool company and they can move or put more ducts in for you. Get 3 bids for it.

Old 10-19-07, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
As Ed said, you know if you got anything between the garage and bedrooms?

Our bedroom was cooler, and here is the photo of mine.

Not a drop of insulation on the ductwork, no wonder why the air flow into the bedrooms are cool in the winter.

Got the ductworks, and floor joist all insulated.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: