I heard that heat pump came turnkey with gas...

Old 10-19-07, 05:02 PM
B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I heard that heat pump came turnkey with gas...

I have 5 homes with heat pumps and the cost of replacing them is killing me. I have been saving some money by running my own power to the inside and outside units. I heard that now-a-days, you could get the outside units all charge up and that it is basicly plug and play...

Is that true? I have a one room cottage that needs minimal duct work and I was thinking about trying my hand at installing it but if I need to vacuum it down and add gas, I dont want to bother...

Old 10-19-07, 05:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

You might look into the ductless kind of units. If you have heatpumps in there now why do you have to do all that rewire?????

Old 10-19-07, 06:00 PM
B
some units have had heat pumps, others have not... I looked at the through the wall units but have always been told that for resale value, I wanted "a real system" installed.

Old 10-19-07, 08:14 PM
M
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
A package unit might be considered a plug and play I guess. All you have to do is hookup the supply and return duct and electrical high plus low voltage wiring, no refrigerant handling required. Maybe we can do some repairs instead of replacing the units. What type of problems are you having?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: