fan speed/ new install

Old 11-05-07, 05:20 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
fan speed/ new install

Just had a trane 5 ton total replacement. The fan speed is set to high by factory default. The problem is that the temp of the house drops quickly but the system doesn't stay on long enough to effeciently lower the humidity (Florida). A lower fan speed will solve the problem. My friend, who owns the AC company that installed it WILL come back to lower the speed BUT he is on vacation for 3 weeks. No big deal, but I was wondering what switch/jumper I can set to do the job. I have over 35 years in the electronic industry so I'm not shy about doing this. I just can't find a service guide or schematic.
Thanks

Old 11-05-07, 05:45 PM
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Schematic will be on blower! That will be where you will change the speed.

Old 11-05-07, 07:12 PM
What's the model number you have there??

How big is your home? Maybe the unit is oversized, and will have the discomfort when it gets really warm out.

Old 11-06-07, 10:08 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

[QUOTE][The problem is that the temp of the house drops quickly but the system doesn't stay on long enough to effeciently lower the humidity (Florida). A lower fan speed will solve the problem. My friend, who owns the AC company that installed it WILL come back to lower the speed/QUOTE]
Im like Jay---What A friend to put in to big a unit ?????
Down there in FL. Id put a humidistat on the unit . Check the wire lay out on the blower door . It goes from R to BK in the unit. This will cut the blower speed down for you. IF THIS IS A V/S blower.

Old 11-06-07, 10:21 PM
A
fan speed

Thanks everone. I opened the unit and found the schematic.......DUH!
It's a 3 speed fan. Lowered it to medium speed and runs perfect. 5 ton is the correct size. Original was 5 ton and home is 2600sq ft
Thanks again, I should have looked around before posting

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: