york heat pump

Old 11-10-07, 08:18 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
york heat pump

I have a york heat pump model #E1F024506B. I changed the thermostat on it a month ago. the a/c was working fine but when it started getting cold my heat wasn't working so I put the old thermostat back on it then only the air handler was working. I checked the voltage at my pumps contactor and I was getting 26 volts to ground but 0 across the coil so I checked my board in my air handler and someone put a 30 amp fuse where a 5 amp suppose to be. I took off the board and found a burnt spot on it. I soldered the bad spot and put 5 amp fuse back in it now my air blower and aux heat is working but not my heat pump. Any ideas what could be wrong.

Thank you,
Jason

Old 11-10-07, 06:10 PM
Does the A/C work?

When you said you got the fan and Aux heat to work, is this with the old or new t-stat?

Check your Y wire hook up on the board to see if you are getting power from the t-stat, and there should be another wire from the outdoor unit meeting on the board's Y.

Old 11-11-07, 07:12 AM
J
the a/c is not working either and it is my old thermostat and I'm getting 26 volts to Y.

Old 11-11-07, 09:08 AM
M
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Quote "I checked the voltage at my pumps contactor and I was getting 26 volts to ground but 0 across the coil"

It sounds like you are getting 24 volts control voltage at the contactor, so IS the Contactor pulling IN?

Old 11-11-07, 09:34 AM
J
I was before I fixed that burnt spot but it looked like I wasn't getting my common. I even tried to hook up another contactor
and it still wasn't closing. After I fixed the burnt spot I'm reading nothing to ground or across the coil.

Old 11-11-07, 09:44 AM
J
The burnt spot I fixed on the board was for the common.

Old 11-11-07, 10:29 AM
M
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
sounds like we may have a board failure if it is not sending the 24 volts out, the soldering iron may have damaged one of the little diodes or something. I guess you will have to put a new board on dont you think?

Old 11-11-07, 10:37 AM
J
Yeah thats what I figured but I wanted another opinion.
Thank you for response,
Jason

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: