Need help with Rheem blower problem

Old 11-30-07, 11:04 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need help with Rheem blower problem

I started with this problem back in late summer, still no luck finding someone to fix it. The blower runs with the thermostat on off auto. Turn the breakers off is the only way to stop the blower. The compressor appears to be operating correctly it maintains the tstat temperature but the blower will not go off. I have replaced the relay and the defrost board. What should I do next. Thanks for any help.

Old 12-01-07, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by azurr1 View Post
I started with this problem back in late summer, still no luck finding someone to fix it. The blower runs with the thermostat on off auto.
This the main blower inside the home?

The compressor appears to be operating correctly it maintains the tstat temperature but the blower will not go off. I have replaced the relay and the defrost board. What should I do next. Thanks for any help.
Uhh... If it's the blower inside that runs non-stop, then you spent money on parts that may of not been needed!

When you said relay, you meaning the relay outside?

Old 12-01-07, 09:13 PM
Some of those indoor units had time delay modules that would fail that way. They would never let the blower stop. We just eliminate the delay because for the amount of energy it saves, one service call blows it all away.

Ken

Old 12-03-07, 11:14 PM
A
Need More Help

blower relay is what I was referring to. This is a package unit, all components are outside. I realize the parts were replaced unnecessarily now, but they were cheap, I can buy wholesale parts. I have tried several things just not the right one obviously. TO KFIELD this unit has several time delay fuses, but I am not sure what you are referring to "time delay modules" describe it a little more. I am handy just not a pro with Heat and AC equipment.

Old 12-04-07, 06:02 AM
The time delay I was referring to is a small circuit board and it is in the 24 volt circuit from the thermostat. It has 3 wires on it. The green wire from the thermostat, a common wire from the 24 volt transformer and the wire that goes to the fan relay. What it does is delay the signal to turn (or off) the blower so that the coil will be cold (or warm) before the blower starts, and it will blow the rest of the residual cold (or heat) off of the coil after the thermostat is satisfied. I think the savings potential is very minimal but it must have helped the manufacturer get a better efficiency rating for the equipment. It can be easily eliminated by just connecting the green wire from the thermostat right to the fan relay and pullin goff the wire from the delay. It can stay in place if you don't feel like removing it.

Ken

Old 12-05-07, 10:53 AM
A
I think someone has already removed that. There is a small junction box on top of the blower, I think a relay use to be in, but now the wires are wired together inside there and run on. There are three wires coming from the blower orange, brown, and black. The orange and brown wires go to a capacitor and the black one goes to relay (not sure what kind) it has been replaced. I don't know if this will help or not.

Old 12-05-07, 11:05 AM
A
Could a capacitor cause this problem? Would a picture help?

Old 12-05-07, 11:15 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

I Didnt see anything about checking the tstat for this blower on all the time??? Pull the R and G off it??? If still on Pull the tsat wires from the tstat off a the furnace. To see if you have a short in them.

Old 12-05-07, 11:06 PM
A
Yes sir I have taken it off a couple of ways. I took the wires away at the tstat and in the unit. It still continued to run.

Old 12-05-07, 11:11 PM
A
Does a fan delay relay look like a magnet around the bottom? I have a part (Mars 50354) that looks like it might be a time delay relay but it has more than three wires. It has 2 wires on one side and 4 wires on the other. Sorry for the ignorance to this subject.

Old 12-06-07, 06:15 AM
The mars part is a control transformer. I think we could be more help if you posted a couple of pictures of the components inside the blower compartment.

Ken

Old 12-06-07, 08:51 PM
A
I can't figure out how to get them on here

Old 12-06-07, 08:53 PM
upload the photo to an image host site like imageshack.us or yahoo.com

Click on "Insert Image" in the tool bar above when you reply, and paste the link in the pop up.

Old 12-06-07, 08:55 PM
You will have to post them on another web site. Photobucket.com is usually suggested by those here who know what they are doing.

Ken

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: