Thermalux Ceiling heat by USG, Anyone Know Anything About It?

Old 12-10-07, 01:28 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thermalux Ceiling heat by USG, Anyone Know Anything About It?

Just bought a new house, and it's all electric. The heat, much to my surprise, is in the ceiling. I found an original plan for the heat system (1964) and it calls for "Thermalux Radiant Panels" in the ceiling as well as some in floor and base board heat. I'm a remodeler by trade, but have never ran into this type of system (not knowingly) before. Googled it with no good results.

I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with this type of heat, in terms of moving the thermostats or adding can lights, etc. I plan on doing some major remodeling in the coming months and would hate to screw up my heat by accident.

Any insight would be appreciated,
Thanx

Old 12-10-07, 02:34 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Im with you dont know it . But back there in that time "60" we had some set ups like that . Where the wire was in or on the drywall. Most went bad didnt work right. No way could you cut into the ceiling with out cutting or nick a wire. The bills ran way higher with it .Than with that the electric furnace and AC we put in to heat and cool the home. Ill put it this way, They where just great for us furnaces guys .I know we cut them all out here.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: