T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How to get the most efficient heating performance from my York Heat Pump

First, here is the system.
Heat Pump: York Affinity, YZB036, Air Handler: York AVY48D
Auxillary heat strips: York 4HKX65
Thermostat: Honeywell, programmable, TH6000 series

How do I know if it is set to 'Hot Heat Pump'? Would this be the factory setting?
If set for 'Hot Heat Pump', shouldn't the 'auxillary heat' be held out until the 'Low temperature Cutout' is reached? My auxillary comes on anytime tstat calls for +2 degrees.

I've read that 'programmable' tstats are great and that its a good thing to have the tstat set lower at night. And I've read 'set the tstat and don't touch it again'.

I'm just trying to understand how this thing can heat my home in the most efficient way possible.

Thanks for your help in educating me.

Old 12-10-07, 08:02 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I think 'hot heat pump' is an oxymoron. If you raise the setpoint 2 degrees above room temp, the aux heat will come on. What the intelligent part of adaptive intelligent recovery means is that it won't raise the temp those 2 degrees at once when it is recovering. It raised it one degree and as the temp rises it keeps dangling the carrot in front of the heat pump. Never bringing on the aux. It is a cool idea and allows heat pumps to join the ranks of setback economy. Ask any more questions that you may have to gain a good working knowledge of your thermostat. You can use it better if you know what is going on inside there.

Ken

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: