Lennox Heat Pump Compressor Problem

Old 04-28-11, 02:53 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lennox Heat Pump Compressor Problem

My Lennox Heat Pump (HP29-060-1P Elite 11 SEER 11.1 - installed May, 1998) air condtioning runs cold for about 5 minutes and then turns warm. The HVAC repair tech has been here twice adding freon but on the third visit said the compressor is freezing up and needs replacement. Does this guy know what he is talking about? What should I expect to pay for a new compressor? I read in these forums that they will also need to pump the freon out, test it for contamination and either replace it (disposal extra) or pump it back in after the new compressor is installed. Is this process correct? Is this a separate cost? I am not technical at all and need help.

Old 04-28-11, 03:35 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Is the compressor shutting off after 5 min? If so, why? " Explain freezing up." These are good question to ask your repairman. IF the unit runs at all, and is most likely a scroll compressor in your unit, then most likely it is not a compressor problem. Replacing a compressor is a process and should be quoted as a total repair. Ask your question of separate cost to your repairman.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: