Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Heat Pumps and Electric Home Heating
Reload this Page >

Need help please...Replacing Bryant 517EN024 stat with programmable Honeywell

Old 05-18-08, 08:06 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone,

I just moved into my condo and besides painting I wanted to replace the "old mechanical" thermostat for a programmable one. I don't know too much about heat pumps but I'm sure that I have a multi-stage pump. The air handler is a Bryant 517EN024 and its approx. 20 years old. I could not find any information on the Bryant website about that particular model. The compressor is a Trane but I don't know what the model is, and it's about 15 years old.
The problem I'm having is that I'm trying to replace the old Bryant thermostat with a new Honeywell programmable
RTH-7500 model thermostat and like a lot of other people I'm having problems with the wiring. I've read a lot of other's posts but none were identical to my wiring.
My old thermostat had wires connected to:
Y
G
R
O
C
W1

And, the new thermostat has "ports" for:
C
G
Y
O/B
Rc
R (R AND Rc HAVE A JUMPER)
AUX
E
L

Where am I suppose to connect the W1 wire when in the installation guide it has the O/B and W wire in the same port?
What I actually did was put the W1 wire in the AUX port but when I turned on the HVAC for cooling, nothing but warm air was pushed out.

If anyone knows how to fix this please reply.
Thank You

Old 05-19-08, 10:21 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Old----New

Y----Y
G----G
R-----R/Rc
O----O/B
C---C
W1--E/Aux jumper together.

What I actually did was put the W1 wire in the AUX port but when I turned on the HVAC for cooling, nothing but warm air was pushed out.
Was the outdoor unit running?

Set up the menu to heat pump with Aux heat?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: