Heat Pump compressor bad - options?

Old 09-01-08, 10:19 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Heat Pump compressor bad - options?

Well my Compressor went bad on the heat pump . The Model number is a Goodman CPLE36-1C. The unit was installed in 2006 at my home when it was built. Does anyone know what the warranty is on one of these units?

The technician that came by indicate a $2500 - $3000 cost for a new compressor and I want to explore all options before I go to that!

Regards and thanks

JDNuru

Old 09-01-08, 10:31 AM
I couldn't find any literature regarding your system, perhaps someone else will.

I can add however that you may justify a new compressor since the unit is not old if you are certain it is the compressor that is dead. Of course you may also choose to replace the unit entirely, Goodman can be good but for the most part I believe it is not as high quality as the others/builder grade.

Good luck!

Old 09-01-08, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
I thought warranties on compressors were pretty standard at 5 yrs after manufacture of the unit? I guess it depends on model of the unit? At that price I'd sure be exploring that option! They may only pay for parts, but that sure seems like a lot.

I know heat pumps are different, but I've seen that $1400-1700 seems about right for standard A/C compressors.

Wait for a Pro to check in....

Old 09-01-08, 02:10 PM
H
Im pretty sure the warranty is 5 years standard. 2500-3000 seems to be a little rediculous. If its in warranty i would think two and a half to fours hours of labor would be the only charge depending if the company you use is flat rate or hourly.

Old 09-01-08, 10:22 PM
Are you the orginal owner of the heat pump? If so, it's under a 5 year warranty.

The dealer who came out, were they the one who put it in for you?

2 years is awful short, makes me wonder if it was put in right.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: