Furnace fan never stops running

Old 11-25-08, 08:53 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Furnace fan never stops running

I have an electric home furnace and air. The furnace fan never stops running regardless of the setting on the thermostat (off, on, or auto) I have to trip the curcuit breaker to get the fan to quit. All other functions are normal. I have replaced the original thermostat with no change in the fan problem. Is there switch or relay at the furnace itself that might be sticking closed? Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-08, 07:11 AM
Sorry that noone has yet to answer your question, your posted information indicates a stuck fan relay or if your unit is so equipped a bad fan control board. Different manufacturers utilize different control and wiring schemes but most likely one of the above noted items is your problem. If you would like to post your units model number someone can probably look up the information for you and see how your unit is set up.

Old 11-26-08, 08:33 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Another possibility: If your blower works off heat as opposed to a timer, it could be a setting issue, where the house is too hot (according to the current fan switch setting) to shut off. If you have say one of those rectangular shaped Honeywell fan controls, you could slip off the cover and adjust the left 2 pointers toward somewhat higher numbers, and see.