Condenser frost

Old 11-27-08, 04:19 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Condenser frost

My condenser unit seems to be frosting up more than I remember it doing before. dose not seem to heat as will when iced up. Had unit charged and condenser fan replaced this year but no controls changed. Thought compressor was bad fan was making so much noise.
How is the defrost controled. I know it reverse cycles but not how controled.
Out of town for a few more days can give type and model # when I get home.

Old 11-27-08, 03:00 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Most units these days are done on time. 30-60-90

Old 11-28-08, 08:16 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If your unit utilizes a standard timed defrost control you can test it if you have some electrical knowledge and some jumpers. Probably best left to a tech but certainly doable for the dedicated DIYer. Anyway if the defrost board tests good and the unit is defrosting correctly you probably have a refrigerant charge level problem. In your post you mentioned that QUOTE "Had unit charged and condenser fan replaced this year but no controls changed" If they did not find the leak and repair it you have probably leaked out enough refrigerant to kill a entire family of Penquins by now. Good work KILLA (for all you sensitive types THIS IS A JOKE GOOD GREIF)

Last edited by Former Member; 11-28-08 at 08:19 AM. Reason: need sensitivity training

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: