York Heat pump code issue question

Old 02-04-09, 06:34 PM
Y
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
York Heat pump code issue question

My problem started with me getting code 5. Had we added freon. Then started getting code 2. Reduced the amount of freon and now get code 5 again. I was told I have a possible bad tx switch. Anyone know anything about York Heat pumps?

Old 02-05-09, 05:50 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Who is adding and removing freon from the system and why?

Old 02-05-09, 02:02 PM
Y
The Tech that has been working on it. It hasn't helped the problem.

Old 02-06-09, 03:54 AM
I think you need to find another more qualified tech. What is the M# of your unit, I would have to guess that code 5 is low press lock out and code 2 is high press lock out, won't know with out the M#

Old 02-06-09, 04:13 AM
Y
Oor Tech has been pretty good over the years. Model E2FH024. You are right about the codes. After we got the original code (5) he added freon. Then a few days later we started getting code (2) so he reduced the amount some to see if the problem would clear. The code 2 cleared but 5 came back. He tells me he may need to clear a filter in some line that carries freon (?). Also he's going to "blow" out the copper piping between the indoor unit and outdoor unit. Is he on the right path?

Old 02-06-09, 09:31 AM
It very well could be a bad TXV, a good tech should be able to figure that out. As far as the charge goes, the only way to know for SURE it has the right charge is to recover the system and weigh in the factory specified charge.

Old 02-06-09, 08:21 PM
R
The last post is probably right. How is the unit heating? Mine had dropped a lot and Tech found a plugged filter drier and the TXV died in the process also. Heating great now. A good Tech is needed to fix this one as it requires careful work opening and closing the system. If you go into A/C mode does the codes clear?

Old 02-13-09, 10:49 AM
Y
Thumbs up

The Tech changed out the outside unit freon filter. Codes cleared. Thanks for the help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: