geothermal heater not blowing warm air

Old 04-29-09, 05:50 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
geothermal heater not blowing warm air

I have a geothermal heating/AC system. I don't know too much about them, so I am hoping to get some direction on how to proceed.

The blower is working, but it is blowing out cool air when I have it on heat. The thermostat has a green light that comes on sometimes. This has been going on all winter. The label on it says "em heat check". When that light comes on, the house gets cold. I could make the light go off by turning the heat down and then turning it back up. That would fix it, and it would heat the house again. Now, I don't have any heat coming out. It is just cool air. Messing with the thermostat setting doesn't help anymore.

I checked the brand and model numbers on the unit. There is a big unit that sits close to the floor. It says it is an electric heater. The brand is Century, model #WPH 044-13. Sitting on top of that is a small box. It says it is a heater. The brand is Heatrix made by Dell Corp. model # HXOB.

I appreciate any education or advice that you can give on what the problem might be and what it will take to fix it.

Old 05-02-09, 08:46 AM
Never heard of the units you have.

First make sure the unit has water flow. No water, no heat, no cool.

Old 05-02-09, 05:55 PM
D
Thanks for the feedback. Repair guy said gas was low. Filled it up. Also said that coil was beginning to rust out but that could wait.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: