Goodman Heat Pump

Old 10-21-09, 02:57 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Goodman Heat Pump

Quick question, I have a Goodman Heat Pump and when we run the heat is the outside unit supposed to run. I get heat but just with the inside fan running. I just need to now if the compressor fan on the outside is suppose run also. It doe work when we use the air. Thank you in advance.

Old 10-22-09, 04:17 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Yes, the condenser is supposed to run in heating mode, you may have looked at it when it was in defrost, the fan won't run during that time.

If the outdoor unit doesn't run at all during heating there is a problem.

Old 10-22-09, 05:32 AM
What setting do you have the t-stat on? If outdoor conditions are correct and the stat is set properly then yes the outdoor unit should run.

Old 10-22-09, 08:22 AM
D
Yes it should be running in heat mode. You obviously have another heat source also known as emergency (em) heat or auxiliary heat. Most multi heat source thermostat used for heat pumps allow you to switch exclusively to your em heat source, so check first to be sure you're not doing that, and let us know.

Old 11-03-09, 04:45 PM
G
The thermostat wiring could be done wrong and you're running on just the emergency heat (toasters). This will get very expensive for the whole winter.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: