thermostat "wait" mode waiting for heat pump to run!

Old 10-28-09, 08:00 AM
thermostat "wait" mode waiting for heat pump to run!

honeywell programmable thermostat is controlling a combination heat pump/furnace. It has been sitting at a ''wait'' mode for 30 minutes. I understand it will ''wait'' for up to five before starting compressor, but has been much longer. Inside temp is 63 desired on thermostat is 68, outside temp is 40 degrees. have checked breakers for furnace, compressor...thoughts? help! want heat!

Honeywell Thermostat TH9421C1004 + Goodman HEAT Pump

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-09, 08:36 AM
Did you just install this stat?

Old 10-28-09, 08:56 AM
Dun11,

no, but good question, a good pointer for more background...had a electric company power failure last night for 2+ hours - then heat pump won't kick on this am...no blown breakers. thermostat is not battery powered.

Old 10-28-09, 09:29 AM
There should be batteries so you don't lose the program. However they may be bad. Sounds like you may have to set the stat back up.

Do you have the installers guide?

Old 10-28-09, 09:43 AM
Dun11,

thank you for the response. This model does not have batteries in the unit - I did disconnect from wall to determine if that may be an issue and it's just hardwired. In addition I still see my schedule settings when I go into edit the schedule.

other thoughts more than welcome :-) - and yes, I do have the installation guide.

Old 10-28-09, 10:40 AM
Its not unusual for power failures to have brief power surges or sags. I would be concerned the tstat got damaged in some way.

30 minutes is too long for post power outage lock out. Start by running the tstat through its paces to see if the rest of it works. Check your input voltage to it. Maybe power cycle it.

Let us know what you find.

Old 11-12-09, 06:44 PM
resolution

Guys,

thank you for the efforts at help...had my installer come out last week and after close to three hours and several replaced parts determined it was a short in the board out in the external Compressor. They are coming out to replace the defective part.