Safely taking apart the Heat Pump

Old 10-29-09, 08:05 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Safely taking apart the Heat Pump

I am wondering if it is possible to take apart a heat pump into several lighter/manageable pieces, so I can get each of the pieces to the rooftop of my townhouse and then assemble them back on the roof?

The reason is, I am installing a SpacePak system and the heat pump needs to be on the roof. The only problem is that when I spoke with a crane rental company, they told me that the roof of my house is not accessible by crane due to giant trees on both sides of the house.

I really do not want to cut down trees/branches. I was thinking that maybe it is possible to take apart the heat pump into pieces so that I can either carry some of them through my house and use the roof access ladder or put them up using a rope and then assemble the pieces on the roof. I don't care much that it may void a warranty.

Any ideas?

Old 10-30-09, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
No you can not do this yourself.
Components of the refrigeration system will need to be dismantled and a refrigeration mechanic has to do this.

Old 10-30-09, 04:21 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I am wondering if it is possible to take apart a heat pump into several lighter/manageable pieces, so I can get each of the pieces to the rooftop of my townhouse and then assemble them back on the roof?
Not a good idea, sorry...........

Old 11-02-09, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GregH
No you can not do this yourself.
Components of the refrigeration system will need to be dismantled and a refrigeration mechanic has to do this.
Originally Posted by dun11
Not a good idea, sorry...........
Spend the $$$$$$...............................................

Old 11-03-09, 03:22 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
We used to use the ladder jacks like the roofers use for the smaller condensors. Most only wiegh 200 to 300 lbs or so. What size are you getting there?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: