Carrier no fan heat a/c, fan in emerg

Old 12-26-09, 11:33 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Carrier no fan heat a/c, fan in emerg

hi all! my first post after finding this site!
I have a carrier FB4ana030 air handler with heat pump and the fan will not run in heat, i also tried it in AC and still nothing but if i run it in emerg heat it does run. It has a very recent circuit board, i have 24v at the grey terminal and can hear the relay click on and click 90 seconds before and after shutdown,which makes me think its operationg normally but the fan doesnt run even though there is 24v at the grey until the second stage cuts in. the unit outside does churn. I did try jumping (just touched 1 sec)from the red to the grey, the relay clicks stays on for 90 seconds then goes off so I guess its working

UPDATE
weird i came home to try to test, turned it on and it works in normal heat mode? so what can be intermittent. what is the part in the air handler between the electric coils with the wires? two go to the heat elements one goes to the NC terminal one to the NC terminal and one goes to the common on the replacement board

thanks

Old 12-26-09, 11:48 PM
M
ok excuse my ignorance but what is the black part in the middle that the wires from the electric coils, and where is the limit switch? anyone have a blown up view to show all parts ? trying to find out as much as possible thanks

Old 12-26-09, 11:59 PM
M
ok its called the heat sequencer, could it be the problem?Troubleshooting Heating Problems

Old 12-27-09, 12:13 AM
M
ok now i have the unit running, when it went to defrost it turned on the electric heat to help defrost, i dont recall it doing that before but it may have, i am leaning towards that sequencer but am open to suggestion thanks, trying to get you enough info to make a call as i know its hard to do via internet, like fixing cars on the net, i know!

Old 01-02-10, 07:24 PM
M
ok i came home and it wasnt working so i switch to emerg and fan blows fine, so i put on heat and no go, so i whack the relay and all starts, so i ordered a circuit board! if i am reading the wiring right it doesnt use the relay in emerg heat. even though i didnt receive any help on this i hope by writing it someone else gets an answer in the future

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: