Honeywell Thermostat for Heat

Old 10-04-10, 08:53 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honeywell Thermostat for Heat

I recently replaced a Trane xl1200 heat pump with a standard type air conditioner. I have a Honeywell Chronotherm III Model TG 8611R thermostat. Can anyone advise how to commect the thermostat correctly for the standard heat/airconditioner and not a heat pump. I need to know what to do with wires at the furnace and the thermostat. It is a ddd100c945b1 American Standard Furnace.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-10, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by Ray Odom View Post
I recently replaced a Trane xl1200 heat pump with a standard type air conditioner.
Why didn't you stay with the heat pump? It's cheaper to heat with this than all gas.

I have a Honeywell Chronotherm III Model TG 8611R thermostat.
That is not a thermostat model #, that's a cover guard.

It is a ddd100c945b1 American Standard Furnace.
Too many D's on the model #. Is it AUD100....????

Old 10-05-10, 08:03 AM
R
Retired, on Social Security, Old Man. Couldn't afford heat pump as I would have had to completely upgrade.

The thermostat model no is correct.

You're right, too many 000 s
Furnace Model is a Trane XE80 which I understand is made by American Standard and paperwork says DD100C945B1, and paperwork says the first letter can be an A or a T.

I found info on the thermostat and went through self check and it is apparently working correctly. However, I'm still not 100% positive that I have it connected properly. It does work on ac, but heat is erratic.

I am, at this point, suspicious of the furnace itself.

1. When the temperature drops overnight and thermostat first calls for heat, the furnace and fan come on simultaneously. I thought the furnace should heatup before fan turned on.

2. When the thermostat signals the furnace to turn off, the fan continues to run for abnormal length of time. A dip switch setting that is supposed to control length of time appears to be inoperative.

3. After that the furnace doesn't come back on when temp drops and fan is still running.

Old 10-05-10, 09:26 AM
Ok, can see if you are on a tight budget.

Ihad to do some digging, and the TG kept going to the Thermostat Guard. I took away the G, and did the T8611, came back with this.Is this what you have?

If so, you'll have to use the EMG heat switch for heating. There is no way to change this stat to do gas heat only with A/C. Otherwise, you'll have to get a new t-stat that can do that.

This how it should of been wired.

T-stat------Fur-----A/C
C----------B/C------C
Y1----------Y1------Y
R------------R
E-----------W
G-----------G

Any other wires hooked up, remove them form the t-stat subase, and at the furnace, and tuck those aside if you you do get a heat pump again.

Old 10-05-10, 01:45 PM
R
Thx, for the help.

My thermostat seems to be slightly different, but apparently close enough.

My white wire was connected to W2 instead of E. A/C worked before I changed, but not after changing, but the furnace now worked.

I jumped the E and W2 connections on the thermostat and - EUREKA, both worked correctly.

Couldn't have done it without you. Thank you again.