Goodman PCO42-1A package unit conventional w/heat strips Help finding parts

Old 12-03-10, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Goodman PCO42-1A package unit conventional w/heat strips Help finding parts

Hi,
have had fun searching but not finding answers needed.
Recently the 1st stage heat coil quit, the actual coil has continuity but not from the coil to the connection, it looks like a diode ?? is where the break in circuit is. No continuity from the connection to the coil, anyone know if this can be repaired? Cause it seems a waste as the other two coils (2nd stage) are fine, and finding the right heat kit has been hard.
Other question is if this heater has 3 coils what would the KW be maybe 15kw??
Also would like to replace the sequencers as one of them last year came apart and I cleaned it up and put it back together with a spot of glue and it has been working great, in fact it still is working but would like to replace.
here is my system
Goodman PCO42-1A conventional w/heat strips 3.5 ton so I am told
Honeywell visionpro 8000 TH832ou1008
2nd stage sequencer numbers 1552 24 volt 309821
1st stage not sure of the numbers cause have not removed but looks similar

Any ideas where to get parts, part numbers?? etc needed almost out of fuel oil so need to fix
checked one and only heating place that can order goodman parts and they could not find my model number but I can through Sears but not the parts I need.

Old 12-04-10, 03:57 AM
I have found some 300 degree heat strip fuses for cheap 5 in the package so should be good in that department. I think the fuse link popped when the fan relay went bad, must have gotten to hot. the fan relay has already been replaced and now I can get the heat strip fixed.
still have not found the right part numbers for the sequencers, but have found alot of them, just not sure of compatibility.
still need help
atleast I can get the heat element working again!

Old 12-08-10, 03:31 AM
well have installed the fuse in the heat coil and have continuity now should work.
waiting for the sequencers to come, replacing them cause others are old and were coming apart. they should be here by the weekend, yeah get to go outside and work on heating system in the cold. thought the package unit was a good idea, bought it used for cheap, not so cheap anymore!! sounds to me like the next thing to go would be the compressor but do not need that for awhile.

Old 12-12-10, 02:58 AM
Update
Have installed the heater coils and the new sequencers, checking everything as I go, and also getting a better understanding of how it works, not too hard. I thought the 2nd stage was just two strips on. It appears that when the tstat calls for 2nd stage it turns on the extra two strips along with the 1st strip. I thought it turned off the 1st strip when the 2nd ones came on. But I saw there was no provision for the fan if the 1st sequencer turned off, clued me in so looked closer and checked with meter.
Well it all works great now.
It seems that in the HVAC world it is hard to get help, must be a liability thing. So there is a lot of information on the net for someone who wants to learn and save some money, And I have to say be very careful when working with all that electricity.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: