Fan will not auto cycle on heat

Old 12-27-10, 01:15 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Post Fan will not auto cycle on heat

I am using electric heat strips (nordyne model e2eb-015ha) in an intertherm unit. My indoor fan will not cycle on when the heat strips heatup. I can however, turn the fan to always on position on t-stat, with heat set and i get heat, i then set fan on t-stat back to auto. The unit will run normal until the next cycle and i have to do the same thing. Fan does cycle correctly when using a/c. I believe that the problem is something i do not know the name of. But it is located on the front of the heat strip bracket and the face of this "thing" is exposed to the heat side of the bracket. There are two of these, wired together and one does have a wire to the fan. Could anyone help identifiy this and/or tell me if i am right track. Thanks john wall

Old 12-27-10, 06:16 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
It is called a heat sequencer...

Most thermostats can also be configured to energize the fan for electric heat operation.

What stat do you have?

I would still replace the failing sequencer but a 1-2 jumper can get you through the night.

Old 12-28-10, 02:44 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks houston204, i'll get one today.

Old 12-28-10, 01:15 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
And there is no harm in running the fan in the "on" position all the time, or until you get it fixed. Ours has a variable speed fan and drops to idle when not in use, but still circulates air 24/7.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: