i would like to make my heat pumps work at lower temps help !!!!

Old 01-17-11, 06:20 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
i would like to make my heat pumps work at lower temps help !!!!

I have a dual fuel heat pump system. Two Heil 5000 series heat pumps with two DC90 Heil furnaces. The smaller upstairs Heat pump has a Honey well out door thermometer and is set at 32 F. it looks like on it. Id asume you would adjust that? Yesterday was 34 F. I had to crank the thermometer down below past 30 F. to get the heat pump to come on. Is that ok to do? The down stairs unit has a controllr board with duct sensors and outdoor thermometer lead. The heat pump and furnace is connected to it. It has a balance set point at 40 F. I tried setting it to 30 F. nothing heat pump would not come on went straight to the furnace. The furnaces are LP gas. Last two months set me back over $1000.00 on gas bill needles to say I'm using oil radiator space heaters throughout my house till I can get this figured out. I tried calling a tech but we live in a small town and no one is available at the moment. Is there anything I can do? Is there a sequence to do when you adjust these temps on this. Do I need to reset something when you make these temp adjustments? Things I don't know THANKS!!

controller board with balance point adjustment.

Old 01-17-11, 06:46 AM
T
eric

I read your post in that other forum and think you rec'd solid advice.

I would forget the large setback.

assuming your sensor/thermostat is working correctly, then this should have taken care of the changeover temp that would allow your HP to run at lower temps. I would not drop from 40 to 30. that's too drastic. try 35 and monitor. the idea that this did not help suggests that your controls may be faulty and not working as they should be. try 35 for next 24 hrs. if HP still does not work at the lower outside temps, then it's time to call a pro familiar with dual fuel systems.

post back and let us know what's going on.

IMO

Old 01-17-11, 06:58 AM
E
I didnt want to turn this into a diy thing but seems like there is no HVAC techs available here locally. So I will just tinker with this some and see how it goes. I'll try the 35F. range and see if it helps. Any other inputs on how to correctly callibrate this system please let me know..Thank you...

Last edited by eric1235; 01-17-11 at 07:32 AM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: