Heat pump issue?

Old 01-30-11, 12:54 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Heat pump issue?

I have Nordyne JT4BD-030K heat pump that is less than a year old and this is my first winter with the unit. I have no issue with the unit providing enough heat or AC to get my house to the set temperature. However when I have the heat on the unit outside turns on for about 8 seconds and then turns off for about 5-10 minutes. This does not seem right to me, I remember the Trane unit my parents had growing up ran for long periods of time in the winter, but with all the eco stuff coming out I do not know if this is normal or not for this unit.

Any ideas as to why this is happening? My fan setting is on auto and the thermostat states : Heat On and there is air blowing from the vents however it is not very warm.

Old 01-30-11, 04:18 PM
Only 8 sec is not long enough to heat the house... If this was just put in, call for warranty service.

Old 01-30-11, 05:23 PM
M
The thing is this does not happen all of the time. Shortly after my original post the unit did turn on for 20-30 minutes and had a steady supply of warm air. This has been going on for the past few months. As I said earlier the unit does properly heat and cool the house with no issues.

Old 01-30-11, 06:45 PM
I have not been around this brand, so can't say for sure.. I am going to say the 8 sec is not right.

I'd call your dealer who put this in and see what they say.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: