problem with intertherm heat

Old 02-22-11, 04:39 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
problem with intertherm heat

I have just started having trouble with my central heating unit,with the thermostat off I can hear the heat unit(not the fan) kicking in and out and feel heat coming from the wall unit.I can turn the thermostat to fan only and feel heat coming from the floor register,but it's not quite as warm as it would be if the heat is activated by the wall thermostat.I found this site while trying to research my problem any help would be greatly appreciated !!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-11, 12:47 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
What kind of heat unit? Heat pump with electric back-up or with gas backup. Or no heat pump and Gas furnace or electric furnace?

Old 02-22-11, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It's an all electric unit.I work at nordyne manufactureing and intertherm is one of the units we build,anyway I had a chance to speak to a tech today and he said it may be a bad sequencer.it kinda makes sense but I still cant get a hold of how it's kicking in and out without the thermostat to activate it.As I said any helpould be apprectiated

Old 02-22-11, 08:00 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Because you have an all electric unit, this is best left to a professional due to the high voltage electricity your furnace uses and having to check any possible problems with the system "hot". This is a dangerous process and best left to professionals.