Wiring diagram for blower motor to Rheem Highboy Furnace

Old 11-12-11, 04:04 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wiring diagram for blower motor to Rheem Highboy Furnace

I was having issues with the blower on the furnace not working, it would come on when the furnace heated up to the right tempeture, but it would only turn very slowly then I would hear a "click" and it would shut off, so...me....being me, took the wires from the motor itself, disconnected them, two black wires, and wired it to an old extension cord to test it and see if it would go faster when supplied with electric direct, that didn't work either, so thinking it might be the fan limit controller up on top that sticks in the "burn chamber" and regulates when it is supposed to kick on the blower, im attempting to wire it back in correctly, one problem, I didnt mark where I disconnected them, and forgot where they go, must be getting old cause it was only about 30 minutes since I disconnected them to begin with, question 1, anybody know where to hook the wires back up ? , and question 2, any idea why it wont stay running and kick up to a higher blower speed ? Motor seems fine, cant find anything on the internet for a wiring diagram, or on the furnace for that matter, It is a Rheem Highboy Oil Furnace, unknown year, house was built in 76, model #4225-84ED,
Seriel # AG114F44757697

Thanks,

Sam

Last edited by SamArnold; 11-12-11 at 04:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-11, 07:22 AM
First that model number you gave isn't a model number. It should have something like "OHB" in it.

Second, the motor turning slowly and then a "click" means to me that the motor is shot. The click is probably the motor internal overload opening to keep the motor from catching fire.

Old 11-19-11, 07:44 PM
Well I dont know, the number came from the metal plate on the side of the furnace it says Rheem Highboy Oil Furnace, Model Number #4225-84ED, then it has the seriel number AG114F44757697, and then the btu's blah blah blah, any other place I could check for a model number cause thats all I have at the moment, like i posted earlier the house was built in 76, wouldnt surprise me in the least if the furnace was original. Also could it be a bad relay instead of a bad motor ? I had it going one time on just the fan setting on the thermostat and it took off fine,