Fan wont cut off!!

Old 12-10-11, 08:11 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Fan wont cut off!!

My down stairs fan wont stop blowing, even when i go to the thermostat and turn it off it will continue to run. I read in one thread to go to the thermostat and unplug the fan wire and if it cuts off then its the thermostat. but when i unplug the correct wire it still continues to run. The heat pump outside is not running just the blower. what else can i check or change? someone said the fan relay, how do i find it? is it on the heat pump or the on the air handler under the house? and what should it look like.

thanks for any help

Old 12-10-11, 11:03 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 94 Upvotes on 87 Posts
It will be a sequencer, fan relay, or circuit board holding in the fan if you have an air handler (not a gas furnace). A meter would be a good tool to verify this. high voltage present

Old 12-10-11, 11:11 AM
C
Ok, its a older Heil Unit. I was thinking about just replaceing one part at a time but that may get expenceive the only fan relay i could find was like 120$

thanks for the info and pics. I am gonna go take a pic of mine and let u see what u think

Old 12-10-11, 11:56 AM
C
looking for parts for my unit is there a chance that the Fan relay and sequencer are all the same thing?

American HVAC Parts Electric Sequencer OEM Replacement Blower Relay Direct Factory Replacement Part (ICP)

this part is called Electric Sequencer OEM Replacement Blower Relay Direct Factory Replacement Part.

So is it all the same part on my Unit??

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: