Vibrating noise

Old 01-17-12, 08:52 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Vibrating noise

At start-up on heat i get some noise, about 2 min into heating i get a lot of vibrating from the lines and is now resonating through the wall. It is so loud it you can't sleep in either bedroom that is on that side of the house. It only does this in the HEAT mode and not when COOLING. This past year I had work done to the unit a piston was replaced and the compressor. Recently I had the entire system flushed. It seems like it is building up pressure as it runs. Someone said it could be the regulator? I think it started when the compressor was replaced but two HVAC companies told me the compressor is working fine. It is also very loud in my atic where the air handler is.

Old 01-17-12, 05:36 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
the manufacturer may have vibration isolation kits available.. I have found they often dont work though. Unit may be overchaged? Vibrations will be very hard to diagnose over the internet.

Old 01-23-12, 12:47 PM
E
Someone told me it could be a defective regulator because it seems to be building pressure and the noise gets louder as the unit runs.

Old 07-11-12, 07:34 PM
V
ErikaS: When the new compressor was put in - did they replace the rubber grommets that its mounted on? Also, if they over-tightened the nut that holds the rubber grommets, it will cause vibrations and noise - even though the compressor will appear to work fine (it will draw the required current etc). Have someone check if the nuts are not too tight. In most cases, they should be barely tight and no more.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: