which cleaner to clean condensing coils?

Old 08-25-12, 02:05 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
which cleaner to clean condensing coils?

any suggestions as to which cleaner to use to clean the condensing coils?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-12, 03:00 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hey kmeyer,
I will have the name of a GREAT coil cleaner for you today. I am retired, but have a friend still active in the business and he has found a cleaner that is even better than pressure cleaning. We used to think that pressure cleaning was the optimal way to clean a coil, but this product proved that wrong. There has been the occasion however, where the coil has been neglected for so long and has such a heavy algae concentration that the coil had to be removed from the air handler and both chemically and pressure wash cleaned.

Have you ever done a coil cleaning before or is this your first attempt? If this is a first attempt there are some pointers you should have to prevent damage.

Old 08-28-12, 07:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
DO NOT use a pressure washer on condenser coils. The fins are so thin & fragile you are likely to bend them over. Unless a condenser is extremely dirt, I use evaporator cleaner or just water out of a garden hose nozzle. Always wash from the inside out. You want to push the dirt back out the way it came in. There are condenser cleaners on the market but they should not be used by anyone not familiar with them. There are some really nasty compounds in condenser cleaners which can burn or blind you as well as destroying a coil if not used properly.