radient heat

Old 09-09-12, 06:04 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
radient heat

looking for feedback- redoing my kitchen- original kitchen is built on a slab with 3/4" plywood subfloor over that (that was the original install)- Since it's on a slab, it's always been cold.... I'd like to go with laminate tiles for the new floor but I'm wondering if installing some type of radiant heating is a good idea....
Anyone have any suggestions/advice or feedback on installing this type of heating? I'm told it can be used with different floot types (not just ceramic tile)
thanks

Old 09-20-12, 10:52 AM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What kind of radiant heat are you going to be installing? Is it going to be radiant air? Is it going to be electric? Or hydronic? Then the next question would be what kind of adhesives would you be using on new floor? There's a bunch of things that can come into play. Radiant floors are a good thing. They are pretty efficient and comfortable to walk on. I've been installing them for years and actually have them in all 4 bathrooms at my house as well as in my kitchen. They can be pricey to install. And in the end it's all a matter of opinion. You have to decide if you want them and then find a reliable contractor to give you an estimate. Make sure you get a few estimates though. Don't jump on first person that walks through the door. Hope I helped you in some way. Feel Fred to drop a line if there's anything else I can help you with.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: