Trane heat pump model 2TWR-103A 1000AB new thermostat

Old 09-22-12, 08:00 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Trane heat pump model 2TWR-103A 1000AB new thermostat

Heat won't turn on via the TRANE model 2TWR-103A 1000AB heat pump outside the AC works great. When I set up the thermostate only the aux heat comes on with the Air handler heat strips.. Serial number is 3462RFE4F.. USING A hunter thermostate for single and multi stage systems.

Any suggestions:

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-12, 08:35 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
that is an incorrect model number........ anyway.... How far up are you setting the heat for and what is the current temp in the house? What is the model number of the thermostat? How is the thermostat currently wired? IMO, Hunter makes great fans, not thermostats, but I'm not saying that is your problem yet. Also, what is the outdoor temp? Do you know if there is an outdoor thermostat installed on the system and if there is how is it wired?

Old 09-22-12, 08:48 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Now I am not getting any heat aux or heat pump.. I set the heat 2% above the tempature on the tstate as not to kick in the AUX.. however I hear the tstate click but no blower or heat.. I am unsure if the heat pump has an outdoor tstat. Indoor tstat 76 outside temp 81.. set heat tstat for 83

Old 09-22-12, 09:38 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
It is hard to say. Likely it is way too hot outside right now and you tripped a high head pressure switch. It should be auto reseting. You will need a voltmeter and know how to use it in order to diagnose much further.