Apartment Baseboard Heating - Dripping Sounds

Old 01-15-13, 08:06 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Apartment Baseboard Heating - Dripping Sounds

I just moved into a first floor apartment and there's a dripping noise in my wall and in the ceiling. I assumed it's from the baseboard heating. It's extremely loud it wakes me up several times a night if I can get to sleep at all. I tried turning it off and it was still dripping and freezing the next morning. It could have come from the apartment above me too. The girl who had the room before me experience the same problem and the company that owns the building say there is nothing they can do, because they're jerks. It's extremely loud and frustrating. Is there some way for me to fix this?? Please help!!

Old 01-15-13, 08:29 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Given that you don't own the property, it's not in your best interest to try to do anything about this as it exposes you to liability you just don't want to have.

Given that the ownership will not work with you, I would look for an advocacy agency to work on your behalf. In WI, it's a branch of the state government concerned with consumer protection but I don't have familiarity with ND to tell you anything more specific.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: