TWE031E130A1 faulty codes?

Old 01-22-13, 06:09 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
TWE031E130A1 faulty codes?

Hi everyone. It's my first post here, but I did search before posting.
My issue is with Trane Electric Heater TWE031E130A1. The fan is working but no heat is produced. I opened the front panel and located the circuit board. There are three lights: 1 green and 2 red. The green one is quickly blinking, the red ones stay on. After reading the Internet I understood that there is supposed to be a fault code table (on the back of the panel) that would explain the meaning of such signals. But there is no such panel and I cannot find any codes on or inside the unit. The Internet doesn't help.
It's late and the nights are cold, I'd like to get some heat before the service guys come, which is only tomorrow at best.

So, can anyone help me with the codes or the situation? I have some manuals for the unit, but there is nothing about the codes. Just wiring and performance tables and such.

Thanks,
Roman

P.S. I can provide some pictures of what I have if needed.

Old 01-22-13, 08:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 94 Upvotes on 87 Posts
http://www.trane.com/webcache/un/spl...8_09012009.pdf

Looks like CFM and demand LED's not fault codes.

Old 01-22-13, 08:18 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
well, that is an air handler, do you also have a heat pump outside or just electric strip heaters in the AHU? Does your thermostat have an emergency heat function?

Old 01-23-13, 05:01 AM
R
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yes, there is a heat pump outside. I haven't checked it yet. But I turned off and on the both breakers for the air handler and the hear pump Didn't help. The emergency heat setting on the thermostat didn't help either. It just turned off the airflow to a minimum and nothing else.

And what is CFM? Sorry, I am DIYer, but not a A/C mechanic

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: