Furnace fan not shutting off

Old 03-27-13, 02:28 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Furnace fan not shutting off

I have a Coleman Presidential II Electric furnace. Serial No.: 018164045. Model No.: 3118B750.
I have noticed that once my heat kicks off the fan still continues to run and wont stop unless I turn the furnace off at the breaker. It does continue to heat my home when need be but the fan wont shut off. It will constantly blow air through the vents and it is somewhat warm air. I have not noticed a decrease or increase in temperature while the fan is running.
I've searched the internet and have found nothing that will help. I have found topics for furnaces that have a fan limit switch but I cannot find one on mine, IF an electric furnace even has one.......
Can anyone help?

Old 03-27-13, 02:32 PM
F
Received 39 Upvotes on 31 Posts
Has it always been this way or just started this action recently? If it is a recent development have you done ANYTHING to perhaps have caused this?

I have to ask, have you checked the thermostat to make certain the fan auto-on switch is not in the on position?

Old 03-28-13, 04:13 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It did it once before then stopped. and all i did was flip the temperature switch alittle. now it is doing it again and wont stop. i had a new relay put in it a few months ago and the thermostat was bought at the same time.
The thermostat is set to auto. i have even moved the thermostat from the wall and the fan was still running

Old 03-28-13, 08:28 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,056 Upvotes on 3,639 Posts
You had a new thermostat and relay installed....... because of this fan problem ?

By "had" I would assume you mean that an HVAC company or repairman changed it for you. Maybe you should have them come back and check it again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: