Repairman Broke My AC (Heat still works)

Old 05-26-13, 07:13 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Repairman Broke My AC (Heat still works)

we had trouble with the central air unit in the winter. the repair guy came out and after three tries was able to get the heater to work. now it's summer and the ac does not work. When switched to AC, the compressor runs but the internal blower does not. Also, when the unit is off (no heat, no cool), when the switch for the fan is moved to on, the blower does not run. What is interesting to me is that when the system is in heat mode (auto) the heater and blower work fine. I am hoping this is a wiring problem. the unit is a RUUD UAMB-030JAZ air conditioner with an E2EH-012HA. Ideas?

Old 05-26-13, 09:28 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,059 Upvotes on 3,642 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

That unit looks to be an electric furnace for a modular type home. The model number shows that it did not originally come with the AC.

The AC coil was added in and a relay control should have been installed. In the link below the wiring and the theory of operation is listed. This may be confusing for you to find the problem. If you are able to follow the schematic it could be a minor repair. It sounds like your repair tech may have disconnected something in the relay box or at the fan relay.

If your unit is indeed an electric furnace like the model numbers illustrates then it uses relays in the heat section called sequencers. These sequencers control the fan directly which is why the heat worked.

Nordyne service PDF

Old 05-27-13, 07:40 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
it could be miswired from the last repair, but I wouldn't start out saying that it was the repair man that did it without proof.... It could be a bad thermostat or a bad blower relay or wiring.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: