Blower fan runs continuously

Old 10-26-13, 08:14 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Blower fan runs continuously

Hello, thanks for taking a look at this. We started running the heat a few days ago. Woke up this morning and fan did not turn off when we adjusted the temp down. Turned it off at thermostat, no help, it still ran. Only can turn off by breaker.

Trane
4TEE3F31B1000BA

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-13, 01:52 PM
Remove the face of your thermostat and locate the "G" terminal (should be green wire). See if the blower shuts off then. If not, then go to the air handler and turn off the power. Remove the access panel and locate the ECM fan control. Remove the green wire from the G terminal on the control board. Turn power back on and see if the blower is now off. If so, chances are good the fan control relay contacts are welded shut. If you need help locating the green wire in the air handler post a photo of the inside where all of the wires connect. Here is a link to the installation data for your air handler:

http://www.butcherdistributors.com/I...0installer.pdf

If you look at fig. 17 on page 10 it shows the ECM fan control.

Last edited by firedawgsatx; 10-26-13 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-03-13, 08:19 AM
I had same issue , I've replaced the fan relay twice in 6 months , stuck again this morning but finally cut off , what should I look for to figuire out what's causing this problem ? Thanks for any help .

Old 11-03-13, 09:45 AM
The main problem is related to the quality of the electronic components being produced in the world today. Seems to be a higher failure rate in this type of component than several years ago. I don't think there is anything causing the relays to fail other than inferior parts.