Heat pump wiring with 2gig CT100

Old 10-29-13, 10:45 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Heat pump wiring with 2gig CT100

My old heat pump thermostat had the usual G, Y, R, O, W2, C, E wires.
The new thermostart isa 2gig CT100.

From what I understand, the W2 wire is for auxiliary heat (backup heat when it's too cold for the heat pump to work efficiently?); the CT100 wiring instructions mention aux heat in the context of heat pumps only when discussing multi-stage heat pumps with multi-state aux heat. I don't have a multi-stage heat pump, and I have configured the CT100 to work in "C" mode (heat pump with aux heat).

After reading here and there, I connected my "old W2" wire to the "new W/AUX1" terminal; is that correct? How do I test that's actually working as expected?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-13, 07:33 PM
R
...I should have also mentioned that the CT100 unit doesn't have a E terminal; currently I taped it off; but I wonder if it should be connected together with the "old W2" to Aux1, or maybe to Aux2?

Old 04-24-14, 07:13 AM
H
Wiring for heat pump with gas furnace backup

Here is the wiring on my CT100 Thermostat. I have a Lennox Heat Pump and a forced air furnace.

Attached Images  
Old 04-24-14, 07:21 AM
H
Setting switches

Although my furnace is a gas furnace, the switch on the CT100 has to be set to electric.

Attached Images  
Old 04-25-14, 05:33 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
Are you confident that red was connected to G and green was connected to R ?
Looks odd.

Although my furnace is a gas furnace, the switch on the CT100 has to be set to electric.
Why?
https://www.2gig.com/pdf/product-inf...ll%20Guide.pdf
ELECTRIC vs. GAS or OIL auxiliary heat -
With electric auxiliary heat, the heat pump stays on while the
auxiliary heat is on. With gas or oil auxiliary heat, the heat pump will shut off while the auxiliary heat is on. This is required by heat pump design.
After reading here and there, I connected my "old W2" wire to the "new W/AUX1" terminal; is that correct?
Yes

How do I test that's actually working as expected?
Give it a 1 or 2 degree heating demand and see what is running. Then increase the demand to 4 degrees and see if the heat pump shuts off and the furnace is running.

Old 06-11-14, 09:37 PM
T
Did this wiring work for you ? I have the same exact setup.... but the person that installed my CT100 has the red wire on RH (with no jumper to RC) and the green wire to G.

with mine setup as I explained, the forced air furnace fan will come on, but the gas jets never come on.... the heat pump works fine with Cool and Heat....

I have tried all combinations of the Heat Type switch and the HVAC Type on C,d or E.... d actually turns the fan on....

TJ

Old 01-04-15, 11:05 AM
S
I had the ct100 installed by my alarm company and I have noticed that the heat from the registers is super warm, last time I measured it was close to 130 F. I have also noticed that on the display, it always says AUX HEAT PUMP.

When I called my alarm company, they stated this is normal activity for this thermostat. Is this true? Mine is wired like the one pictured above; except my Green wire is on G and Red wire is on RH..

Thanks in advance for all your help!