Heater blowers won't stay on

Old 12-07-13, 12:45 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Heater blowers won't stay on

I have a payne propane furnace. I apologize in advance if I use the wrong terminology. There is a metal box with propane burners inside. The box has a face plate with a round sight glass to view the burner flames. If I remove the face plate and run the furnace, it works fine. As soon as I install the face plate, the burners go off and the LED flashes an error code of 13. There is a sensor on the side of the burner box with 2 red wires and what appears to be a reset button in the center. That button does not pop out, so there is no need to reset anything. I simply have to turn off the thermostat, remove the burner face plate, and turn the thermostat back on, and it works. Any ideas what the problem is?

Old 12-07-13, 01:00 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
Trouble code 13 is a limit lockout.

The limit switch you are seeing is probably the flame roll out sensor. The one that is tripping may be the heat exchanger sensor.

You mentioned heater blower. Were you referring to the blower that moves the air inside the house ? If you have a blower issue or clogged air filter you will get the code 13.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: