220 radiant type heater

Old 11-23-13, 08:26 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
220 radiant type heater

hello. I have a attached to house, garage type space of 1500' with 10' ceiling.(1 garage type area) I plan on putting a ceiling can in middle of this area to pull the heat down. This will not be continual heat, rather....when I need it. It's insulated and does not get below 40F in the cold of Indiana winter. Now that I'm done explaining...what type of 220V heater could I hang for this purpose? I will not be installing a furnace. Just looking for some ideas. Thx DM

Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-13, 01:26 AM
Group Moderator
Received 477 Votes on 447 Posts
It took me a minute to figure out what ceiling can was. I thought it was some new space age heater.

You could just hang a basic fan forced 240v electric heater or use cove mounted radiant heaters.

Old 11-24-13, 06:12 AM
Typed orig. message on iphone. Fat fingered "fan". Yes but cruising through Menards yesterday, only showed this circular type 220V heater with a fan. Said designed to heat 550'. If you have a minute, could you point me to a product that you may be thinking of? Thank you, DM

Old 11-24-13, 01:00 PM
Group Moderator
Received 477 Votes on 447 Posts
The following link would be an example of a wall mounted cove style radiant heater. This would be a slow type of heater.
DAYTON ELECTRIC MANUFACTURING - Electric Radiant Cove Heater,900W,240V

If you wanted something that generated a little more heat and faster you would use a hanging fan forced utility heater.
Raywall H1HUH05003 17,100 BTU, 5kW, 240V, Single Phase, Electric Hanging Furnace

One type of heater that I'm partial to in a garage is an infra red radiant heater. Glows red and radiates heat to objects rather then heat the air. I had a propane version in my shop that was awesome. The following link is an electric model.
Solaira Cosy 1500W White Quartz Infrared Heater 240V SCOSYAW15240W

The above links are only used as a representation. There are many similar type heaters by different manufacturers. Don't rule out eBay and amazon as sources for these units.

Old 11-24-13, 02:29 PM
Thx pj. I question whether the radiant would do much as it mentions it warming quickly such a small area. Also not interested in having it warm the metal of the airplane. (Or maybe that's what I want?) Seems Like the larger output box may fit the bill. Thx dm