Service Manual Wanted

Old 02-15-14, 08:37 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Service Manual Wanted

I have a Bryant HVAC unit in failure, I need the service manual with exploded view's and part's list and part numbers. Does anyone know where I can buy this? Or find a free one. Or if anyone is willing to share?
The model is:962A B0024010 DA00
The problem is: Reduced heat (not a hot as it use to be) and the blower wheel sounds as if it is unbalanced. Any help is appreciated!
Don
Retired tech

Last edited by TinPan; 02-15-14 at 09:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-14, 09:04 AM
T
I should mention I called "Bryant" directly and they could not help as Im not a Bryant Auth. service. I have not done anything yet but I did open the unit and the blower wheel is quite dirty, my hope is that when I clean it that will take care of the "unbalanced" issue. Im also hopeful that all the heating plate needs is a good cleaning. This is an "electric" heat/ac unit, no gas or fuel flame. However if it should need parts replaced I will need the manual.
Thanks!

Old 02-15-14, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator
Received 60 Votes on 52 Posts
Is that the model or serial #??

Also I would say the blower wheel bearings are going and reducing the CFM..

How old is the unit?

Oh and welcome to the forums....

Old 02-15-14, 09:39 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,045 Votes on 969 Posts
Due to the age of the unit it appears that there is very little online information. You can still get parts. You'd call a parts place and give them the model number of your electric furnace so that they can tell you it's obsolete.

Your 10KW heating unit appears to use two 5kw heating coils. You may have a defective heating coil or thermal safety switch. Each heating coil is protected separately.

Although the following manual isn't the full service manual.... it's all I could find and should help you in troubleshooting.

Bryant-Obsolete-Model-962A-Sizes-18-24-Series-A-Electric-Heating-Cooling-Unit.pdf

Old 02-15-14, 10:28 AM
T
Yeah, thank you PJ thats the same page the manufacturer sent me. But the other info about the 2 5kw coils is helpful, I will look for them when I open it again tomorrow to clean the layer of dirt off the blower wheel. One major problem is the unit is in the attic and there is little to no head room and standing on my "senior" knees is tough. I got new knee pads today, hope they help. I will let you all know how it goes.

Old 02-15-14, 10:36 AM
T
Lawrosa, yeah thats the model number, serial number is 50A006347, that 4 may be a 9 my sloppy hand writing. I will confirm the S# when I go back in tomorrow. The bearings did enter my mind, is thats the case I should be able to replace that. Thanks for the welcome! Do you guy's have a parts distributor who will sell to the average DIY guy? I have tech background and know safety rules.

Old 02-16-14, 08:37 AM
T
Ok PJ, I managed to get up there today and Im sure now that the best thing would be to just replace the entire unit, However I cant afford that. Without a doubt it need the following which I will need a repair person to come here and fix it as this would be over my head:
It needs a new motor and blower wheel, also the 10kw (2 5kw) heating coils. It wouldn't hurt for the ducts to be cleaned out.
With that said I come to the beginning of my problem, I would like to look up these parts and part numbers and their price's, does anyone know where I can look them up? I cant get the part number off the motor & wheel without actually removing them, the heat coils are encased in the housing right behind the blower assembly, Im reluctant to opening it without knowing exactly what Im doing . Any Help is appreciated.