Not so simple Condenser Fan diagnosis.

Old 09-02-14, 06:30 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks firedawgsatx!

I've just gotten off the phone with them and they are indeed going to swap it out for free. In fact they are giving me one from a different manufacturer/brand name. Their tech guy peppered me with questions for which i more than competently answered as I think they were testing whether I installed it correctly and or my abilities. I passed with flying colors!

It of course is not locally in stock so I won't get it or install it until tomorrow afternoon. They also said to bring all caps in as they will test, replace and credit me for the extra one I bought. The new motor costs just a few more dollars and they said they wouldn't charge me. So - this is plug for Grainger as their customer service is outstanding...at least this location is! After I install I will post my results. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-14, 06:38 AM
That is awesome news indeed! My local Grainger stores also offer outstanding customer support. Please keep us posted after you install the new motor and caps.

Old 09-03-14, 03:25 PM
W
WooHoo! I have a working motor! Needless to say, after mounting it, hooking it up and turning it on I was extremely happy. Murphy's Law got me immediately as I had to unhook it all and reverse the rotation. HA!

Firedawgsatx! Thank you very much for sticking with me on this...fantastic service. Much appreciated and I hope I can give back like you have in some form or another some where. Thanks a bunch!

PS. The old brand motor was a Century (Made in Mexico) and the new one is a Dayton (Made in China). Something positive for China for once! This newer motor has same specs across the board with the exception of a little bit less in required amps.

Old 09-03-14, 03:34 PM
Glad to hear you are back up and runnin'!! It goes to show that just because an item is new it can still be bad right out of the box. Quality control lacking in those countries. I have had some bad luck with brand new run capacitors. Awesome job!