Heat pump not heating

Old 10-23-14, 09:52 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Heat pump not heating

Hi everyone, cooler weather is here and what do you know? I have no heat. Replaced coils and contactor switch earlier in summer for ac (has been working fine), went to turn heat on this morning and nothing. Ac works fine but keeps popping the 3amp fuse on the heat side. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-14, 10:15 AM
The 3 amp fuse is blowing because there is a short somewhere in the low voltage wiring side. It could be where the W wire connects at the thermostat touching another terminal. I would check that first. Do the same in the air handler to make sure none of the low voltage wires are touching each other. Also, since you did work at the condenser contactor I would check the low voltage wiring between the house and the condenser to make sure there is no damage. Check the low voltage wiring for bare spots rubbed onto the wire from making contact with the condenser cabinet. If that inspection doesn't reveal any obvious problem you can use a voltmeter to test the wiring for continuity between each other and a short to ground.

Old 10-23-14, 10:35 AM
M
ok, gonna start checking. Thanks