Brand New Trane Cleaneffects Tripping Breaker when heat comes on

Old 11-01-14, 08:30 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Brand New Trane Cleaneffects Tripping Breaker when heat comes on

Had the unit installed in August of this year. Worked fine until about a week ago. The breaker that they installed right beside the inside unit under my house keeps tripping. The man showed me how to clean the filter when he installed it. So, I went under there and pulled out the filter and cleaned it. It needed it. I turned the breaker back on. It worked for a couple days then off again. This has been a battle for the last week. Yesterday, I turned the breaker back on and the unit turned right back off without tripping the breaker. The thermostat was set at around 65 but it was only about 60 in the house. I called the company that installed it and while I was on the phone it came on. ??? However, it cut back off again and we just had to wrap up good last night because I didn't want to crawl under the last night again on a cold dark Halloween night..Today, I've noticed that the thermostat "HEAT ON" indicator blinks for auxiliary heat but when I switch it to emergency heat it stops blinking and comes on. As I'm typing this it has shut down again! I used a hair dryer to heat up the thermostat to see if the a/c would work ..it switched to cool but it did not come on. It's also blinking replace battery on the thermostat. Isn't that thing supposed to be straight wired? Boy oh Boy I wish products were built like they used to be. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-14, 08:49 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,045 Votes on 969 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The first place to start would be to replace the thermostat batteries. Probably two AA's.

If you had that unit installed in August..... call for service. Other than changing/changing the filter there isn't much you can work on in there and you have a one year warranty.