Loose wire Lennox G1404 Pulse Furnace 1986 nodel

Old 12-18-14, 01:48 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Loose wire Lennox G1404 Pulse Furnace 1986 nodel

I took my furnace blower apart to oil and clean it. The yellow wire going from the motor to the control box pulled out. I could not see where it went so I left it disconnected. The furnace still works but would like to reconnect it where it needs to go. Please help

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-14, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Where it goes would depend on the model of your furnace. The blower motor has four wires that can be selected to control the speed of the blower. One wire is for cooling and one for heating. The attachments show how to select the proper color wire depending on your model number. The blower wire for heat goes to terminal #5 on the blower relay. The blower wire (usually black) for cool goes to #3 on the blower relay. The two unused blower motor leads are just taped off so that they don't short out. So, to answer your question: if you find the blower relay and there are wires on terminals #3 and #5 besides the yellow wire then the end of the yellow wire should be taped off and secured out of the way. Here is a link to a manual that may be of assistance:

http://www.cozyparts.com/Lennox-Part...06-01-1989.pdf

Attached Images