Blower stops and starts repeatedly at end of cycle

Old 12-28-14, 06:59 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Post Blower stops and starts repeatedly at end of cycle

I have a Trane heat pump that doesn't shut down correctly when temperature is reached. The blower will stop and start for a minute or so before shutting off. It doesn't come to a complete stop before starting again.....just short bursts of each cycle. I don't know if this is the fan delay relay, which is connected to the blower motor; or the thermostat, which connects to the fan delay relay. I've never had this problem before, so I'm not sure which one is the culprit. Can anyone help?

Old 12-28-14, 07:29 PM
Group Moderator
Received 2,683 Votes on 2,435 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

You could try removing the thermostat from the sub-base to see if that had any effect.... or try disconnecting the G wire at the air handler to see if that stops the blower.

A model number of the air handler would be helpful.

Old 12-29-14, 10:16 AM
R
Thank you for your reply. The Trane air handler is a TWEO36C14OBO(never sure if the "zeros" are really "O"s or vise versa) I have a WR electronic thermostat. I removed the Green wire when it was acting up and the fan kept running. If I touched it back to the terminal, it would start to pulse again with the off/on. I thought the green wire disconnected the fan, but I must be wrong. The thermostat is a WR no. 63123 type no. 1F82-261. Does the Green wire test confirm anything? This doesn't happen all the time, so I have to catch it when it acts up. Thanks for your help.

Old 12-29-14, 10:38 PM
Group Moderator
Received 2,683 Votes on 2,435 Posts
The G terminal is the terminal that tells the blower to run. When the stat calls for A/C the Y and the G terminals are energized. You removed the G wire from the air handler and the blower was still running. That tells you that the stat is not at fault.

At this point I would lean towards replacing the blower control board.

Old 12-30-14, 05:11 AM
R
PJ
Thanks for your help. I hope I can find the correct board today.
rockyc

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: