Blower stops and starts repeatedly at end of cycle

Old 12-28-14, 06:59 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Post Blower stops and starts repeatedly at end of cycle

I have a Trane heat pump that doesn't shut down correctly when temperature is reached. The blower will stop and start for a minute or so before shutting off. It doesn't come to a complete stop before starting again.....just short bursts of each cycle. I don't know if this is the fan delay relay, which is connected to the blower motor; or the thermostat, which connects to the fan delay relay. I've never had this problem before, so I'm not sure which one is the culprit. Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-14, 07:29 PM
Group Moderator
Received 913 Votes on 853 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

You could try removing the thermostat from the sub-base to see if that had any effect.... or try disconnecting the G wire at the air handler to see if that stops the blower.

A model number of the air handler would be helpful.

Old 12-29-14, 10:16 AM
R
Thank you for your reply. The Trane air handler is a TWEO36C14OBO(never sure if the "zeros" are really "O"s or vise versa) I have a WR electronic thermostat. I removed the Green wire when it was acting up and the fan kept running. If I touched it back to the terminal, it would start to pulse again with the off/on. I thought the green wire disconnected the fan, but I must be wrong. The thermostat is a WR no. 63123 type no. 1F82-261. Does the Green wire test confirm anything? This doesn't happen all the time, so I have to catch it when it acts up. Thanks for your help.

Old 12-29-14, 10:38 PM
Group Moderator
Received 913 Votes on 853 Posts
The G terminal is the terminal that tells the blower to run. When the stat calls for A/C the Y and the G terminals are energized. You removed the G wire from the air handler and the blower was still running. That tells you that the stat is not at fault.

At this point I would lean towards replacing the blower control board.

Old 12-30-14, 05:11 AM
R
PJ
Thanks for your help. I hope I can find the correct board today.
rockyc