Wiring to heat strip for heat pump system.

Old 01-05-15, 06:26 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I got back an retested it at new line to heater ,it read 42.5 on one and 42 on other wire.is that a bit high?
Also saw, when dark,coils heated in both aux and EHeat ..I will keep 60s for new circuit unless otherwise specified .

Odd though I still can not get a reading off the main circuit to Ac side.I get like 1.5 an after aux 3 maybe..
Is there something I'm missing on testing that side possibly
What do I need to look at ,maybe start from fuse panel ?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-15, 06:33 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I got back an retested it at new line to heater ,it read 42.5 on one and 42 on other wire.
Also saw, when dark,coils heated in both aux and EHeat ..I will keep 60s for new circuit .

Odd though I still can not get a reading off the main circuit to Ac side.I get like 1.5 an after aux 3 maybe..(
Is there something I'm missing on testing that side possibly
What do I need to look at ,maybe start from fuse panel ?

I also changed the dip switch to off -for two stage instead of single (4th switch for thermostat)

Old 01-05-15, 06:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 23 Votes on 21 Posts
The difference between theoretical & measured amperage is entirely possible it's just meter error. It could also be the incoming voltage is somewhat over 240. I wouldn't worry about it.
Leave the 60 amp fuses for the Aux/Emer. With just the heat pump running (no aux heat) you can check the amp draw on the main wires coming into the fused disconnects or as it comes out of the main panel.